jueves, 10 de septiembre de 2015

WA Letter

                                                                                                                                            15/07/1981
Dear Hassan,

How do you do?, I hope well. I write you from california, USA. This place is very different than Kabul, the people here don't wear turban and robe, this place doesn't have a rule of what yo have to wear. The people here only speaks english, it's very different than our language

The city is very different than Kabul, first of all the architecture of the city is very different, they use more windows in their houses and they have a lot of buildings in the city, this are like a house over another, but this have all the same style and are separated by floors, some buildings have only 4 floors and another have 27 floors. All the streets are made with concrete and some places are festinated for have trees and grass and some see saw and swings.

Here the life is very different and this country doesn't have an specific religion and they don't respect our hours of pray and here are few mosques.

The americans are friendly with us, they hate Russia too and they have been supporting the talibans with the fight the against Russia.

Here the comunity of muslims it's little, we aren't too much people and my dad and I we sell things in the flea market and I sell my books that I wrote, you know that I am a story teller and I hope you can read one of my stories some day. did you learn how to read or not yet?

I met a woman in the flea market, she's name is soraya, she is beautiful, smart and friendly. I fall in love and I know that is to early but I want to marry her.

I know that we don't see each other a lot time ago Hassan, but all of my live I've been hiding a secret.

Did you remember when we won the kite tournament? well, that day should be the greatest day of our lives, but when you went to catch the blue kite. I followed you and I saw you running from Assef and his friends and they catched you in the alley. You where against 3 and they gave you the possibility to run away and be safe, but for the cost of the blue kite. But for you it was more important to give me the kite than your security, because you knew how important was that for me.

That day I saw everything in the alley and I didn't do anything, I was in shock and I try to help you, but you know that I don't have the courage to be involve in a fight, you were who defend me when someone attacked me but I wasn't prepared.

I never forget what happened that day, all of my live I felt guilty and I want to be there again and change the things, but I've been hiding this from me.

I knew it was hard for you, but I want that you can forgive me, please.

Best regards
Amir

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario