martes, 20 de agosto de 2013

My common grammar mistakes

                                                             My Common Grammar Mistakes

Ignacio Herrera M.                             22 of August, 2013                        8th grade ise-1
H
Mistake Number 1:
You were played a game
You were playing a game

The grammar rule: The past continuous is formed from the past tense of be with the -ing form of the verb:

The explanation of the grammar rule: the link is of the page of the explanation is, http://esl.fis.edu/grammar/rules/pastcont.htm:


  • At this time last week I was lying on the beach in Florida.
  • My mother was working in the garden so she didn't hear the telephone when I called her yesterday.
  • I had my car fixed because it wasn't working properly.
  • Sorry, I wasn't listening. Can you say it again please?
  • What were you doing at 8 o'clock yesterday?
Two new examples:
I was playing football with my friends.
I was doing a test

Here are two links with examples of the past continuous:

Mistake 2:I was jumped with my friends yesterday.
Mistake 3:I was do a joke to my friend.
Mistake 4:They were played with they friends.
Mistake 5:She was talked with her friends.

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario